The Mummy (1999)

by Caleb | 9/05/2009 06:30:00 PM in |



By the time Christmas rolls around this year, the plan is that it will be a Blu one. This weekend I got a chance to play around with a PS3 (thanks Kris) and while the point was to play the new Batman video game, I honestly became more excited to finally watch a movie on Blu-Ray. So 1 HDMI Cable and 1 movie latter, I was ready. The movie choice was a difficult one (naturally) because I did not want to spend a lot of money on a movie and I wanted to make sure it was something I knew should/would blow my mind.


It has been I would say 8 - 10 years since the last time I had seen THE MUMMY so the viewing experience more or less would like be seeing it for the first time. From the beginning I was in jaw dropping awe. For a CGI based film from 1999 the Blu-Ray high definition made the special effects look like they were done today. This set the mood for an excellent movie night, I was enjoying the movie more than I ever have before. A B-movie never looked so good.


In 1923, a group of archaeologists find a tomb at Hamunaptra. Inside the tomb is the body of Imhotep, a high priest of ancient Egypt. Some in the group end up unveiling a curse which has risen Imhotep, and it's going to take a lot more than guns to send him back where he came from.


Not a classic nor one of the best movies from the '90's, but I enjoyed it more than I did back when I saw it in the theater. I don't even own a player yet and the Blu-Ray format has already spoiled me.

0 comments: